When it comes to home decoration I have yet another soft spot: Moroccan inspired goodies. I am thinking of hammered metal trays and candle holders, side tables made of wood and hammered metal, rich oriental mirror framing, colourful tea glasses, sensuous hamam towels and other handmade textile goods. Sometimes it is so easy to add a little bit of '1001 night' magic into your home. For example with these '5 Happy Inspirations':
1. These handmade copper-ware hamam bowls make a statement in every bathroom. Seen at Ottomania.
2. Nothing beats beautiful, handmade hamam towels like these as seen at Ottomania.
3. Colourful tea glasses can add interest to a rich, oriental table setting. Seen at Casablanca Market.
4. A few more months and then Maryam's book 'Marrakesh by Design: A Journey Into Moroccan Style' will be available on Amazon. I already preordered a copy. By the way, Maryam is writing the beautiful blog 'My Marrakesh'.
5. These Moroccan inspired tea light lanterns by Raft have won my heart!
Photography on top by Sparrow & Co.