Today was a pretty exciting day. I started a French conversation course after a ten years break of actively using French. I felt like a freshman at university. My bag, my French book and an outdated vocabulary were just the things I needed to travel back in time and be happy and laid-back after a long office day. So from now on I will be attending my French course every Tuesday evening and since I am in the mood, it is inevitable to make a '5 Happy Inspirations' post with a French 'je ne sais quoi'. Alors, on y va!
1. If you love Paris but live somewhere else (just like me), think of bringing Paris to your home. For example with this stunning wallpaper depicting a historic map of Paris as seen on Design*Sponge.
2. When I think of France, I also think of the French countryside style. I love the use of antique mirrors in varying shapes, rustic linens and worn textures for the touch of an easy-going countryside life, as seen on Rose & Rust.
3. Don't want a bold statement? Opt for a decorative cushion with a France inspired print, like this Paris Icons cushion by John Lewis.
4. Nothing beats a fresh baguette from a French boulangerie. To be honest, it is one of the first things I do when in Paris. Baguette galore seen on Life Love Paper.
5. Close your eyes, think of Paris. I imagine Haussmann facades and airy apartments. Wooden floors, old fireplaces, high stuccoed ceilings, contemporary furniture. As seen on Marie Claire Maison.
Vive la France!