I am a globetrotter, yes, I admit. And I do fall for souvenir shopping. But not the kind of regular souvenir shopper who brings home some dust collecting, tacky knick-knack. Instead, I always buy something adorable and beautiful for my home. And when I travel to countries like Sweden that have are a design stronghold, well then my budget suffers but my interior & decor loving heart is happy as it can be! So, no wonder that I returned from Stockholm with a bag full of stylish goodies to remind me of a perfect trip on a daily basis. I bought ten different things and decided to share all of them with you - in two subsequent '5 Happy Inspirations' posts. Here we go with part 1. Check next week for the other five goodies I brought home from Scandinavia. Happy hump day, friends!
1. A super cool planter with Swedish printing from Granit, a store that offers everything practical for homes in grey, white, black and metal tones. Super cool & urban. By the way, this planter is a one of a kind since it was an item on display. The normal planters come without the print.
2. These handmade mugs won my heart over from the first sight when I spotted them in the extensive homeware section of the PUB department store. They are handmade and hand painted by Swedish artist Agneta Livijn and will cheer up every of my mornings from now on!
3. I couldn't resist when I found this Olle Eksell poster entitled 'Ögon' (Eyes) in a tiny little Scandinavian design store called E. Torndahl in Gamla Stan. It went right into my shopping bag. Now I only need an adequate frame for it!
4. This cute little Chinese teapot for one person was just what I needed to complete my kitchenware. I found it at the PUB department store.
5. It was clear as a sunny day that I won't leave Sweden without a Dala horse. But I didn't want a brand new one as you can find in almost every store in Stockholm. I wanted a black one. I wanted a vintage one. And I found it! In a little, tucked-away store in Gamla Stan.
Anything here you like in particular? Next week I will share the other five goodies from Stockholm!