What defines the term 'boy'? Age? Looks? Behaviour? Nah, I'd say it is defined by a young and happy spirit, by the ability not to forget the joys of life and that every new day is an adventure we're embarking. And this has nothing to do with age. Hence, I am defining myself as a 'boy'. Pretty much forever.
Bearing this in mind, I've decided to compile '5 Happy Inspirations' for that boy vibe in a room. Playful, colourful, surprising. Ready to embark on this blog adventure? Here we go!
1. Zip, unzip, define, redefine: the 'Zipillow' by designer Sandra Trividic is handmade in San Francisco and come in flashy colours. You decide if it's a couch, a guest bed, a pouf, a bench or a cushion. Unleash the 'boy' in you!
2. If you need more inspirations for an 'Appartement de Garçons', just have a look in this fabulous Edition Paumes book from Japan. You don't need to travel around the globe for it, just get it off the amazing 'Gifts for him' list in the shop of Bodie and Fou.
3. With all these goodies here I am trying to quench your thirst for design and happiness in your home. For the real thirst opt for this simple yet stylish carafe from Ikea. By the way, I got it for myself last weekend.
4. Never forget to have a free spirit and let it fly high - from time to time. As a visual reminder get yourself one of these happy fellows: the 'Kay Bird' by Kay Bojesen as seen on La Mesa.
5. The smart boy goes for a fine rug - sitting on the floor and reading a book is absolutely ok! As long as you rest your heinie on a handwoven Dhurrie from Jaipur, India. Soon on sale at Mini Moderns.
Here's to a happy Wednesday!