Today's '5 Happy Inspirations' post is a bit different as you might notice. I am not presenting five happy home decor or furniture finds, but five happy and incredibly inspiring (not to mention successful) bloggers and friends. I've met them at the imm Cologne furniture fair at the 'We Are Social' panel this Monday. Five bloggers who inspire me ever since I started blogging. Five bloggers who managed to turn their blogs into businesses and who are real social media rockstars. And I am pretty sure you know all of them!
1. Holly Becker, the epitome of a design blogger and owner of decor8, one of the most inspiring and charming persons out there in bloggerland. I met Holly back in 2011 for the first time at her book party in Munich and attended her 'Blogging Your Way' e-course prior to launching my humble Happy Interior Blog. Holly reminded us all to speak and blog from the heart. Be open and think of what you want to share with the community out there!
2. Will Taylor, the colourful Mr. Bazaar of Bright.Bazaar, is one of my long time blogger friends or better yet blogging bro'. We share so many interests and likes that we call ourselves brothers separated by birth. It was great and refreshing to see him talk about the huge success of his blog and how we can boost our social media presence through smart networking. One tip I liked: look around your networks, ask for help if you have questions and don't feel intimidated. Its through collaborations that you can grow your blog.
3. Costas Voyatzis, the stylish and creative man behind the super successful Yatzer blog, came all the way from Athens. I was beyond happy to meet him and speak with him in person - he is such a cheerful and cool guy with lots of design knowledge and a refined aesthetic. He compared social media to cooking - it is about the ideas, ingredients and skills that you have to put into a good meal or a good blog. I loved his reference to a 'digital breakfast' - our common habit of checking all our social media accounts first thing in the morning.
4. Steffi Luxat, the beautiful lady behind the über-cool German blog Ohhh...Mhhh... had a fabulous idea for her presentation. She asked her blog readers to send in short videos and tell us why they read her blog. It was absolutely lovely and touching to see how a blog can influence people and make them happy! Share things that make you happy and that will make others happy!
5. Micle-Mihai Cristian, the mastermind of the internationally renown blog Freshome, is a super cool guy with lots of personality. I enjoyed the way he presented his visions and the story how Freshome has become a platform for 40 million readers. He was very down-to-earth and highlighted the importance of tools to track your performance and detect areas that grow so that you know what works for your readers. I enjoyed speaking to him and have great respect for this guy!
Last but not least - here is one of my favorite slides from the panel discussion with five important reminders for every blogger out there - this was part of Costas' presentation. Oh and not to forget: I've met so many blogger friends from all over the world - old and new friends - during the event. I am so grateful for all the positive energy that was present! Thanks to each of you!
Photography by Igor Josifovic (excuse the poor photography due to unfavourable seating and difficult light)