Wednesday, August 7, 2013
5 Happy Inspirations: Summer Treats
With high temperatures in most parts of Europe it is due time to mark this hot Wednesday with five selected summer treats to bring in a visual freshness into our homes and gardens. I mean seriously, I can not concentrate at work in the office, I can not sit around in my hot rooftop apartment, even sitting outside under the sun seems a torture in the boiling city. So it is time to escape! But up to then, I am digressing my thought to fresh looks of vibrant summer colours and materials for happy homes. Let's roll, friends:
1. Essenza Mare bedding by Urban Outfitters: This looks so summery and happy, it makes me smile immediately (despite the beads of sweat on my forehead).
2. Tivoli Chair by Verner Panton from Montana: In Copenhagen I fell in love with this design beauty in cheerful blue. This makes for a happy statement in a home, on a terrace, balcony or in the garden (lucky those who have one).
3. Ceramics mugs by Toast: These handmade mugs in lovely colours are a perfect choice for the coffee break on early, fresh summer mornings.
4. Painterly cushion by Jennifer Lee Designs: This beautiful cushion is a summer treat for your sofa - especially if it is a monochrome one.
5. Nautical chest/bench by milanari.com: This chest/bench with its nautical, East coast style is not only visually pleasing but also practical: you can store your extra blankets, linen, cushions inside and then use it as a bench. Excellent!
So, how are you tackling these hot days (if it is hot where you are)? Anything that would appease your boiling status from the above shown selection?
Happy hump day, folks!