This week I've been entertaining (or annoying) you with the fact that I am in the middle of a living room redo. After I'd painted my walls, I got rid of my old Ikea sofa and I am expecting my new BoConcept sofa next week. Until then, I am sitting on my floor and daydreaming of beautifully spacious interiors (unlike mine). After my design trip to Copenhagen I am strongly inspired by nordic influences and set off to find inspiration online. This is how I found eight very good reasons to move to Sweden - like right now!
1. Top image: I am dreaming of a living room with long bright wooden planks and sliding door in between the rooms. And that wall light fixtures.
2. A beautifully styled living room with grey and black, a fabulous hanging light with exposed bulbs and design classics. Yes please!
3. I love the fresh infusion of icy blue in this room. The patterns on the home textiles and the rug add interest and the pale pink ranunculus are the cherry on the cake.
4. I love the comfy look of this sofa styling. The ottomans serve as soft coffee tables and the neutral colour palette is calm and serene.
5. These windows, that green sight and the plants on the windowsill - big like. And I really like the zinc basket on the right side.
6. This room is fabulous - the carefully placed lighting highlights different areas and makes the room look cosy despite its size. The vintage coffee table and the earthy hues are more reasons to love this room.
7. Can we just mention the natural light here? I mean seriously, that natural light? Love, love, love. Again, I like the dusky blue cushions here and the cool floor lamps.
8. The grey, anthracite and black colour in this living room would look gloomy if not brightened up by the white bench/coffee table (have you noticed the cool black carving on the legs?), the patterned cushions and the white floor lamp. Great!
So who's moving with me to Sweden?
Happy Friday, friends!
Photography via Alvhem Makleri